Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Stars at Night, are Big and Bright...

That's right folks, I've officially relocated to North Texas. The move actually took place last September, and I've been trying to get settled in to my new environment ever since.

I drove the Mazda (RX-8) down to Texas over labor day and immediately started my new position. Did the usual hotel living as I nailed down more permanent housing, and moved into my beautiful two bed, two bath townhouse, with two car garage on October 1, 2010.

In late October I flew back up to Indy and U-Hauled the RV-7A project down to Texas. I didn't have much time to do anything with it at that time, as I had to almost immediately head back to the airport and hop a flight to Seattle for a couple of weeks.

When I got back I fiddled with setting up the shop in the garage a few times, and had it looking pretty spify. I added some additional lighting and got all of my tools, motorcycles, equipment and my car situated so that I could actually get around.

However, a serious lack of motivation has resulated in nothing actually getting accomplished on the airplane itself. Until today! It's a small victory, but I spent about two hours in the shop this afternoon continuing the deburring work on the right elevator skin.

According to the log, that's work that began over a year ago. I knew it had been a long time, but I had no idea it had been over a year. I thought maybe 7 or 8 months max.

Again, I know two hours isn't much, but every little bit counts, right? I'm also hoping this opens the flood gates, and gets me back in the shop on a more regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment