Saturday, July 3, 2010

Work Pace Slowing

The deteriorating economy of the last couple years has come home to roost. I received notice last week that my services with my current employer will no longer be required come August 20th. The news was surprising, but not upsetting, as I had been looking for a new opportunity during the past five months or more. My current assignment has been great in so many ways. I've met a great number of outstanding people whom I have come to call my friends. It has also allowed me to start my RV, and save a good deal towards the next few kits. I always knew it was a temporary deal, and now it's just time to move on.

So what's my plan, and the plan for the RV? I've decided to hold off on ordering any more kits until I've landed a new job and determined where that will be. Currently I have feelers in several different states including Indiana, South Carolina, Florida, California and Texas. It will be a lot easier to move a completed empennage kit, than that and a huge assortment of parts for wings and a fuselage. Of course, the entire shop will have to relocate as well.

I'm going to continue work on my empennage which is about 70% complete, just at a slightly slower pace. In September, if I haven't already found a full-time job, the job search itself will become the full-time job.

To all of those dealing with unemployment, hang in there! This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment