Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Left Wing Almost Done

The last couple of months have been extremely productive.  Thanks to Brad for coming out over the weekend to help me rivet the top skins onto my left wing.  The whole process goes really fast with two people working together.
 
In addition to riveting the top wing skins, I've been working on the pitot tube installation and some wiring.  The flaps and ailerons (both left and right) are also coming along nicely.  In fact the left aileron is actually done.
 
I'll probably be moving the right wing spar into the wing jig in the next week or two.  I've seen so much getting done recently that I've even started thinking about ordering my fuselage kit.  I'll have to make some room in the garage as I can't build the fuselage in the current shop space.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I could build it in there, if I never planned on taking it out.
 
Top wing skins all riveted

Pitot tube installation (Dynon heated AOA\pitot)

Left flap in work


Bottom of left wing with right flap skeleton on top

Left aileron leading edge in work

Left aileron almost complete

No comments:

Post a Comment