Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to Work

Greetings fans! Yes, I took the liberty of assuming that I have fans despite my prolonged absence from cyberspace. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. Allow me to explain.

My last trip home was pretty hectic. My Jeep broke down amongst a myriad of other home chores to complete, and so I only got about 4 hours of work on the RV done during that trip. The silver lining in that cloud, those 3-4 hours were spent working with Troy Grover over at Grov Air. He really helped me out a lot on my rudder, and it looks great.



My work session at Grov Air was back in February, and I'm just now getting back into the factory here at home. I spent another four hours today continuing the work we started a couple months ago.

The rudder is well on its way to being completed now. I would estimate it to be about 70-80% complete. I clecoed the left and right skins (R-901-R and R-901-L) to the rudder skeleton and riveted the counterbalance rib (R-912) and nose rib (R-903) to the skeleton. Of course the biggest challenge of the rudder construction is still ahead. I'm referring to the riveting of trailing edge. It requires tank sealant and double flush riveting. I hope I am up to the challenge.

I think I'll finish riveting the skins to the rudder main spar and bottom rib and start on the elevators while I wait for the tank sealant to cure on the rudder trailing edge.

Until next time...

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment