Monday, August 17, 2009

Preparations Begin

This week I've begun preparations for "The Shop". As you can see this is no small task. I imagine most builders, at least first time builders, start about the same place. The Shop is simply a two car garage, which must be able to accomodate one car and a couple motorcycles throughout the build.

I can already tell that I will have to demonstrate a little bit of restraint during this phase, lest I spend the majority of my budget on setting up to build the plane, and have nothing left for the plane itself. I've been looking over Craig's list for second hand power tools to curb some costs.

I'm hoping to just declutter as best as possible and maybe install some additional lighting. No plans as of yet to upgrade the electrical, nor any other major modifications.

You can see we still have a lot of boxes from the move. We've been in the new house for over a year now I think. Or maybe it's a year this November. How time flies!

I plan on building a work bench on casters, similar to the EAA 1000 standard work bench. I'll probably kick the bench dimensions up a notch. You can never have too much work space, right? When I'm not pounding rivets, the whole shop needs to tuck away into the corner on the right. That's the corner currently filled with old moving boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment